Before School Playworker
Job Title: Before School Playworker
Salary; Scale 2.3, from £3,006
Hours; 6.25 per week
Working Pattern; 5 days per week, Monday to Friday
Fixed Term Contract; 12 months initially
Closing Date; Thursday 30th November @ 12.00pm
The Headteacher and Governors would like to appoint a Childcare Assistant / Playworker to be a part of our highly popular Before & After School Club.
· To assist in the day to day organisation of the Before and After-School Club
· To work as part of a team of play workers directed and supervised by the Manager
· Work with all staff to ensure and provide care, play opportunities and activities in a homely, nurturing, and safe environment, with regard to the individual development needs of the children.
· To plan and deliver high quality creative and appropriate play opportunities in a safe, secure and caring environment
Liaise with the school with regard to the needs of the children who attend the club
To be the contact between the parents and the Before and After School Club
To be responsible for the preparation of activities and organisation of programmes to meet needs of all children attending the club.
· Ensure that all children are treated as individuals regardless of race, culture, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
· To ensure the safety and accountability of all children at all times.
· To assist in the day-to-day administration, records/registration/timesheets etc.
· To maintain a good and informative rapport with parents.
· To be responsible for developing and maintaining a working relationship with all staff and outside agencies.
· To be responsible for ensuring that the building/equipment/materials are kept tidy and in good working order.
· To work within an equal opportunities framework and agreed policies.
· To administer First Aid as appropriate.
· To provide refreshments as required and to be aware of food/safety/hygiene regulations.
· To attend planning, training and evaluation meetings.
· To ensure the Health and Safety requirements within the play environment are met at all times.
· To undertake such other appropriate duties as may be assigned.
· To undertake training as requested.
· Be aware of the importance of confidentiality with regard information which you may have access to concerning children/staff/parents/carers.
'The very caring and calm ethos that is at the heart of Bolshaw Primary School’
‘Pupil’s flourish and staff feel proud to work at the school’
‘This is a truly inclusive school where all pupils are valued as individuals’
The attached application form must be completed and returned to email@example.com